Virtual Training and Employment Opportunities for Young People with SEND in Lewisham August 2021
Virtual Training and Employment Opportunities for Young People with SEND in Lewisham
Visit the Local Offer for more opportunities available including education, training and employment.
Information, Advice and Guidance
- Access to Employment Fair. For 18-24 years olds to meet with employers who are currently interviewing for job vacancies, network with professionals in industry and receive careers advice and guidance. Date: Thursday 5th August 10am-4pm. Location: Breakspears Hall, Lewisham College, Lewisham Way SE4 1UT. Contact 020 3757 4350 or submit an online enquiry at lewisham.ac.uk/employability. Register: eventbrite.co.uk/e/access-to-employmentfair-tickets-163615302775.
- The Prince’s Trust Achieve (16 – 25). Aims to create opportunities for young people by helping them to increase their confidence and develop the skills that they need to succeed in whatever they choose to do next. Group Induction: Monday 2nd August. Where: Virtual Delivery. How to refer: Email Natalie – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07458023691.
- Post-Results Clearing Day. For the GCSE, BTEC and A level cohort and those who are NEET or have not taken exams. The event is to support young people on to their next education, employment (with training) or training opportunity after their results. When: Thursday 12th August 2021, 11am – 3pm. Location: Breakspears Building, Lewisham College, Lewisham Way, SE4 1UT. Email: email@example.com or Mishayla.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Experience/ Volunteering / Training / Traineeships
- The Young Community Champions programme interactive digital workshops. Opportunity to get experience in branding for young Lewisham residents aged 13-25. Email email@example.com with name, age and email address. Additional details including time, will then be provided.
- Volunteer as Young Research Advisors with Lewisham Council Covid19 Community Champion Programme to help the research and understanding of the issues people in Lewisham have been facing since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Looking for young people that: Are aged 16-25
- Have a strong link to the Borough (e.g. live/work/study in Lewisham)
- Want to be involved in and provide a voice to their community
- Are interested in fairness, equality, and inclusion
- Want to learn, and can benefit from, new research skills
- Young Research Advisors will need to dedicate 15 hours between August-November 2021. Keen for the roles to be taken up by less heard voices, such as young disabled people, people belonging to ethnic minority groups, young carers, those in the social care system and asylum seekers. They will also receive a voucher for their help and time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mencap’s Employ Me. Support for NEET young people with learning disabilities or autism. Offers employability skills, confidence building and work experience placements, all specifically designed to engage this client group and support them to succeed. Offer direct routes to apprenticeships, traineeships and paid work as outcomes. Email referrals to EmployMeLondon@mencap.org.uk.
- Adult Learning Lewisham Supported Learning courses for adults with learning difficulties (AWLD). For students aged 24+ years who live in a London borough. Students in receipt of benefits a high number of the courses will be free. The prospectus is varied and has lots to offer (attached). All students are pre assessed for suitability re course and setting. Email email@example.com.
- 11 x Business Administrator Apprentice. £22,000 as a starting salary and an opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification in 15 months. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website.
Entry level Jobs
- Peckham (Kitchen Assistant x1 and Bar staff x2). Deadline for CV’s is the Friday 30th July and Interviews will be 2nd or 3rd of Aug. Email CV’s to CWilliams@lqgroup.org.uk.
- 1x Kitchen porter. Over the age of 16. Full training provided .Pay dependant on experience and age. Minimum of 16 hours offered plus possible over time. Weekend and evening work.
- 2x Barman/Bar Maid/Waitress. Must be over age of 18. Must have 1 year experience in working in a bar setting, knowledge of creating classic cocktails. Pay dependant on experience and age. Minimum of 16 hours offered plus possible over time. Weekend and evening work.
- Stewards and Security Officers. Stewards £9.50 per hour. SIA £10.60 per hour. Candidates must be a minimum of 18, excellent time keeping skills, communicate well with others and work as part of a team, training can be provided, a valid SIA card. Email CV to: CWilliams@lqgroup.org.uk.
If you are aware of other work based learning opportunities, please email any information to email@example.com to be included in the next monthly bulletin.