Virtual Training and Employment Opportunities for Young People with SEND in Lewisham
Information, Advice and Guidance
- Making a Difference programme offers Employment Coach support through a free 4 month programme including 1-2-1 sessions and workshops such as interview skills, CV writing, and building self-confidence (see attached). Contact 01329 559 177 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Butterfly Project offer transition to adulthood support from ages 16 to 25 years for young people who have disabilities and additional needs to identify any goals that they want to achieve. Contact email@example.com or complete the enquiry form.
- The Prince’s Trust
- Welcome Session (16-30). Fortnightly welcome sessions for young people who want to find out more information about The Prince’s Trust and our opportunities. These will be held through Microsoft Teams in a video conference format. Young people can watch the presentation and get involved as much as they want. Afterwards, a staff member will follow up 1:1 and progress them onto our programmes. When: Thursday 8th April. Where: Microsoft Teams. How to refer: Call Customer services on 0800 842 842.
- Achieve (16-25) programme aims to create opportunities for young people by helping them to increase their confidence and develop the skills that they need to succeed in whatever they choose to do next. Group Induction: Monday 12th April. Where: Microsoft Teams. How to refer: Email Natalie – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore (16-25) a 5-week personal development programme which offers young people group activities and one-to-one support to help build confidence, get motivated, meet new people and identify and achieve their goals. Also develops employability and independent living skills. Group Induction: Monday 10nd May. Where: Microsoft Teams. How to refer: email email@example.com.
Work Experience/ Volunteering / Training / Traineeships
- Supported Employment Project 3Cs Programme. This course is designed to help students with SEND develop skills in communication, customer service, work-based maths and English and employment knowledge with the intent of finding students employment which best suits them.
- Millwall 14-19 Education, Employability and Participation programme includes 14-16 AP Academy, NCS, Post 16 Education & Football Academy, 16-24 Sport Traineeships and a 16-24 Employability Kick Start programme (see attached). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The EY Foundation PAID work experience during the 2021 school holidays for young people aged 16-19 who either study or live in Lewisham.
- WorkStart programme for young people with SEND is broken down in to three pathways: Traineeship, Into Work – Work Experience and Into Work – Outreach. The aim of the courses is to enable young people to gain qualifications, experience and employment, and pathways provide a tailored approach to students. Contact 0345 402 0453 or email@example.com.
- Supported Internship: Phoenix Housing Programme. This course is designed to help students with SEND develop work skills by trying out different job roles at the Phoenix Housing Association with a view to enter employment.
- Supported Internship at London South East Colleges. A one year programme designed to develop both practical and theoretical employment skills of learners with SEND to aid their progress into employment.
- Westminster Kingsway College Supported Internship programme is now recruiting new interns for September 2021 start. The programme is suitable for any young person aged 16-25 with an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP) and who is interested in work. This is the ideal transition programme from education to employment (see attached). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2021 West London Guide to Supported Internships detailing a wide range of internships in arrange of industries across London for young people with SEND (see attached).
- ‘Growing Place’ Supported Internship in Bromley now launching 5 new placements at Scadbury Park enterprise from September 2021. Will be creating paid opportunities for all 20 Growing Place Interns. Available to young people (16-25) with a current EHCP (see attached). Contact Denise.email@example.com.
- An Insight into roles with The Royal Navy. Find out about the types of roles available, apprenticeship routes of entry, recruitment processes and ask any questions (see attached). 21st April 2021 – 10.30am to 12.00pm – Zoom Event. To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employ Me Mencap’s Supported Employment programme. Employability Support, Traineeships and Apprenticeships for young people with SEND. Offers a bespoke programme of support to suit individual needs (see attached). Contact email@example.com.
- The Brockley Restaurant at Lewisham College – Supported Internship. An exciting new catering supported internship is starting at Lewisham College in September 2021. We have places for 9 young people with ECHPs to run our onsite restaurant from September. Learners will be based at Lewisham college and will be supported by a full time tutor, catering assistant and job coach to run our large restaurant. There will be taught lessons on site each morning, focussing on functional maths and literacy and customer service skills. They will also work on team work skills, kitchen hygiene and catering skills before cooking and preparing for service each day. There will also be opportunities for catering work experience in the community. The job coach will also work with the interns to help them to find jobs or volunteering placements at the end of the course. Please contact Laure Dunn, Head of Faculty – Supported Learning – firstname.lastname@example.org 02037573898