- This event has passed.
Money Matters – Contact Online Workshop
March 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Find out how to maximise your finances as a parent of a child with additional needs.
About this Event
A free workshop for parent carers in the Lewisham area.
Financial matters, and the benefit system can seem very confusing at the best of times. During the disruption of the Covid-19 lockdown this year, many families experienced changes in their financial circumstances. This online workshop will help you to make sense of financial matters and opportunities for you and your family.
This online workshop will cover:
• an overview of benefits (DLA, Carer’s Allowance) – dispelling common myths
• opportunities for grants and discounts available on utility bills, leisure activities and for carers
• services available to support you with making applications
• hear other parents’ experiences
• share as much or as little of your story as you wish
• explore how you can obtain further help and guidance if you need it
This workshop will be held on Zoom. We will give advice on how to use Zoom before the workshop is held, if you require this. Please direct any enquiries relating to your booking to firstname.lastname@example.org