Training session to introduce Kooth to parents in the Lewisham area
Thursday 21st May 2020 10-11am
Kooth is a free online counselling and emotional wellbeing support service commissioned by Compass in Lewisham. It provides young people aged 11-18 years old with a free, safe and secure means of accessing support with their emotional health and wellbeing needs from a professional team of qualified counsellors.
Kooth offers the following:
• Confidential, 1-2-1 instant messaging with Kooth’s team of counsellors.
• Kooth Magazine (a hub full of creative pieces and personal experiences for peer to peer support).
• Kooth discussion forums to facilitate peer-led support and self-help articles (many written by service users).
• Counsellors, therapists and support workers provide guided, outcome-focused help for each individual.
Who is this training for?
Parents with young people aged 11-18 years old in the Lewisham area. Parents who may want to explore what support is out there for their children.
• To understand what Kooth offers to young people.
• To be able to support young people to sign up to Kooth.
The training will provide the following:
• An introduction to Kooth and how it works.
• Support on how to get young people signed up to Kooth.
• Explanation of Kooth chats with counsellors and what young people can expect.
• Explanation of Kooth’s other features and support tools for young people.
How will this training be delivered?
Kooth are hosting a live video Webinar through ‘Zoom’ to give attendees an on-screen demonstration of how to use the website; including an overview of resources and support available to a young person. Participants will have the opportunity to watch a live presentation and pose questions directly to the presenter with responses delivered in real time.