WEBSITE & MEDIA DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The General Data Protection Regulations (the Regulations) come into effect in the UK from 25th May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Privacy Notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws. As the Regulations come into effect and the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) update their rules and best practice, we will continually update this Notice.
Who we are
Lewisham Parent and Carer’s Forum (LPCF) are a registered charity (Charitable Independent Organisation). We are a group of parent carers who have a child or young person with a disability or additional need, living in the Borough of Lewisham.
The aim of the Parent Forum is to try and get the best services for our children, working with the local authority, health and social care to consult and feedback the views of parents and carers. We run workshops, training, provide regular newsletters, attend meetings on behalf of parents and carers, look at current policies and provide information and signposting.
Collection of Personal Information from our website
Lewisham Parent and Carer’s Forum (LPCF) may collect and use the following kinds of personal information through this website:
- Information about your use of this website including information obtained via cookies
- Information that you provide during the use of our services/registration process/joining of our mailing lists, including your name, email address and telephone number for the purposes of making electronic bookings for events.
- Information that you provide by joining our membership, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, year of birth of your child, their diagnosis and your ethnicity
- Information that you provide for the purpose of feedback on this website and on any feedback to the LPCF and any other information that you send to the LPCF
Using Personal Information
Lewisham Parent and Carer’s Forum may use your personal information to:
- Enable your access to and use of the website to make electronic bookings for events, where appropriate
- Publish your feedback on the website in a way that ensures that your full name and personal data are not disclosed
- Send you marketing communications including, but not limited to, newsletters, services and general information relating to the work that we do
- Contact you for the purpose of discussing a booking that you have previously made
Your information will be held confidentially. Occasionally we may need to disclose information to our Data Processor. Where we need to do so, the Data Processor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, LPCF may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, national security and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your Data
Lewisham Parent and Carer’s Forum will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store, process and transport all personal information you provide in a secure manner.
How long to we keep your personal data
We will keep your personal data for the length of your membership. This means that we will delete your data when you write to us to state that you no longer wish to be a member or that your person has reached the age of 25 years. These records will be permanently deleted unless we are legally required to do so in order to follow best practice. We do not anticipate this to be a requirement for members, but employment records should be kept for 5 years and financial records for 3 years.
Updating this Statement
Your rights and your personal data
You have the right to access, correct, have erased, and object to processing your personal data. You can make any changes easily by telephone, email, or by post (see Contact Details below).
When exercising any of the rights, we may need to verify your identity for your security. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month. For the right to access there are no fees or charges. We will confirm whether the data has been deleted or processing has stopped or the reason why this cannot be done (for example because we need it for our legitimate interests or regulatory purpose(s)).
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This website contains links to other websites. Lewisham Parent and Carer’s Forum is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or your personal information, please contact us:
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to: Sue Stocks, PPO, Lewisham Parent and Carer’s Forum, Leemore Central Community Hub, Bonfield Road, Lewisham, London SE13 5EU